Hello friend, Happy Spring!
The current state of the world has led us into isolation, but that doesn't necessarily mean we need to stop experiencing life. This can be a time to enjoy things that may have been overlooked before, simple and lovely pleasures to help you relax and soothe your anxieties and worries. Below I have created a list of things to do to maybe inspire you while at home, and brighten up your days a bit.
• Say hi to your plants. If you are an avid gardener, or even if you only have one plant, take care of your plants, repot them, water them, clean their leaves, take your time with them, I assure you, you will be more relaxed after this and they will be a lot happier.
• Listen to a podcast, I personally recommend Dolly Parton's America. If you are a Dolly fan you will love it, and if you aren't you may become one, but either way it will entertain you and delight you. Or listen to any podcast you enjoy and appreciate.
• Clean your space. Organizing and cleaning your space will be so rewarding and will make you feel better. You are spending a lot of time at home, it is found to be an anxiety reliever by many to declutter and be in a clean space.
• Ever had an idea for a business, a creative venture, a hobby you felt you had no time to explore? Well now is the time... Go ahead and explore all that you felt you had no time to do before.
• Dance this mess around! Dance, dance, dance is the best medicine. Kick off your favorite playlist and move your body, it will be a great exercise for your body and soul.
• Cook, bake, juice! Cooking can be healing and a great de-stressor! Personally I have been baking a lot. If you are interested I can share my vegan empanada dough recipe with you, just reach out! (I also have a non vegan empanada dough recipe...)
• Take a bath! Alone or with your partner. Such an intimate and beautiful thing to do. Throw some salts or bath oils if you have them, and if not DIY your own! You can find all the good stuff in your kitchen, click here for an idea.
• Meditate, I have talked about this before, but truly meditation helps a lot to feel centered and grounded.
I also made you a playlist to enjoy, dance a bit, soothe you and hopefully make you a bit happier. Click here to listen!
And don't forget to breathe and if you can, sit by the sun... And remember, this too will pass.